AAOE enabled and equipped me to take a brand new practice and turn it cash positive within the first year, doing even better the second. For me, AAOE membership is an absolute must have!
Sandy L. Dilts,MHA, COAExecutive Director, American Health Network Eye Specialists
On this Page:
Why Join AAOE?
In today’s challenging economic, regulatory and technological environment, practice administrators and managers need timely, relevant and accurate practice management resources to help their practices stay profitable. That’s why the American Academy of Ophthalmic Executives (AAOE) provides extensive, up-to-date practice management education, information and resources designed to assist its members in running a highly successful practice.
AAOE membership will help you:
- Enhance your management and decision-making skills.
- Stay up-to-date on business-critical issues affecting your practice.
- Increase coding competency and accuracy.
- Improve practice efficiency and patient flow.
- Improve billing and collections performance.
Join AAOE and experience for yourself why more administrators turn to AAOE for practice management solutions than any other organization.
Please note: In order to apply for AAOE membership the physician you work for must have their AAO membership dues paid for the current calendar year.
Download faxable 2014 AAOE application for Administrators and Managers [PDF 294K]. Memberships will be in effect Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2014.
Member Benefits and Dues
AAOE Practice Management Express e-newsletter includes:
- The Coding Bulletin: Current, reliable tips about ophthalmic coding.
- The Executive Update: Management articles providing best practices on a variety of topics.
|12 print issues of Eyenet magazine includes practice management features The Savvy Coder and Practice Perfect
Weekly Academy Newsbriefs:
- Academy Express — Highlights from peer-reviewed clinical journals and news from the Academy
- Washington Report Express — Updates on legislative and regulatory issues.
|AAOE website provides coding and practice management tools, resources and online courses
Listserv access so you can connect and share with other members— Join the AAOE online community!
- E-Talk — General practice questions
- E-Retina — Retina practice questions
- E-Code — Billing/coding issues
|Customized answers to your questions about coding, ICD-10 transition, PQRS and EHR planning, selection, implementation and meaningful use
|Free EHR contract reviews and user satisfaction surveys on EHR Central
|Practice Forms Library: All the forms you need to run a successful ophthalmic practice
|Annual Meeting Benefit: Free registration and priority housing to 2014 Annual Meeting
|Member discounts on products, webinars, online courses and more
|Membership Dues $250*
Memberships will be in effect Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2014.
*AAOE Membership dues are based on a calendar year, Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. Join today!
In order to be eligible for the Administrator/ Manager membership category, you must be an Academy member or work for an Academy member.